Event Date: 01.12.18
Event Name: “St Andrew’s Day Celebrations 2018!”
- Full event title: St Andrew’s Day: where ancient traditions meet future ambitions.
- Join @BIDStAndrews for St Andrew’s Day Celebrations 2018 right here in St Andrews!
- Dave and Vanessa from Kingdom FM will be on Madras lawn with the Kingdom FM road show. Playing all the big hits, games and entertainment from local groups.
- The St Andrews Sessions brings Scotland’s leading breakthrough music talent for a night of acoustic music in Holy Trinity Church. Brought to you by BID St Andrews as part of the St Andrew’s Day Celebrations.
Location: St Andrews, Fife – 01.12.18
Time: 11am- 11pm
- Student Market with Kingdom FM: 11:00 – 16:00
- Music Entertainment from 17:00
- Outdoor Street Ceilidh from 18:00- 19:00
- Local Hero Parade from 19:00-19:45
- Fireworks Spectacular from 20:00-20:15
- The St Andrews Sessions 21:00-23:00
“Join BID St Andrews for a section of to enjoy a variety of music dance and culture at our outdoor market. We will have stalls from local community groups, university societies, local crafts, food, and drink. There will also be live performances from an array of local talent and the Kingdom FM road show! This event is organized in partnership with BID St Andrews and St Andrews Community relations. St Andrew’s Day Where Ancient Tradition Meets Future Ambition is supported by Scotland’s Winter Festivals Event Fund, managed by EventScotland, part of VisitScotland, on behalf of Scottish Government.
Get those dancing shoes on and get ready to strip the willow at arguably the largest outdoor Ceilidh in the world! Featuring the musical delights of The Kilrymont Ceilidh Band. This year’s Ceilidh is presented by BID St Andrews and The Fellowship of St Andrews.
Join the community stars voted for by Fifes resident’s through Kingdom FM as they and the City of St Andrews Pipe Band lead the torch light parade through the streets of St Andrews down to the harbour for a firework spectacular!
If you still haven’t had enough celebrating, then join us and some of Scotland’s breakthrough music artists at The St Andrews Sessions. Tickets are £10 adult and £8 concessions. You can purchase tickets online via Facebook @StAndrewsDayOFFICIAL or search The St Andrews Sessions on Eventbrite. Over 18’s only.
Minister for Europe, Migration and International Development Ben Macpherson, said:
“This St Andrew’s Day presents a positive, inspiring opportunity for all of Scotland, in all our diversity, to celebrate the inclusive, outward-looking and compassionate spirit of our nation – by helping others and by showing generosity and kindness.
“Whether it’s on St Andrew’s Day or St Andrew’s Fair Saturday, this year we can all show the best of what it means to be Scottish by each of us doing something small to #MakeSomeonesDay. If each of us does something kind for another, together we can make a big, positive impact for the benefit of the whole of Scotland.
“For St Andrew’s Day this year, I would encourage everyone to do something kind to #MakeSomeonesDay, join the numerous events that are taking place across Scotland, and enjoy celebrating the inclusive, outward-looking, compassionate spirit of our nation in all of its diversity.”
For more information please follow St Andrews Day official on social media or check out our website www.standrewsday.com.