1. This Thursday, Under Canvas, a student-run charity event in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, is hosting its launch party at 1 Golf Place. Tickets are £3 on the door. There’ll be music by SOUL PATCH and DJ SAUNIT and a 10% discount on drinks, so go along to enjoy the set and be the first to find out the event’s line-up this year!
2. StAnza, Scotland’s International Poetry Festival, is looking for volunteers to help out with the running of this year’s festival, taking place from the 4th until the 8th of March in St Andrews. There is a wide range of volunteering opportunities available, including staffing venues and Festival Desk assistance, and you don’t have to be an English student or even know much about poetry to apply. Email [email protected] with a little bit about who you are and what you’d be interested in doing and why ASAP. There’ll be an induction meeting this Wednesday at 2pm informing all applicants on what their job role entails.
3. Tickets to this year’s Dance Soc ball, Oz Ball, are being sold on Wednesday 11th inside the Vic from 13:00 until 16:00. Tickets cost £15 each, and included in that price you’ll receive a glass of punch upon arrival, complimentary Janetta’s ice cream and performances from university dance teams! On the night, wear a pair of ruby red slippers or a metallic funnel hat in keeping with the ball’s theme of black tie with a touch of Emerald City sparkle.
4. This week is the St Andrews Green Film Festival, launched a couple of years ago with the aim of raising awareness about climate change through films, workshops and talks by guest speakers. If you go on the festival’s web site, http://www.greenfilm.org.uk/, you’ll be able to find a programme detailing the location and times of events and select which ones interest you most.
5. Bindi is back! This Friday at the BEST WESTERN Scores Hotel from 21:00 until 01:00, Sanskriti Society is putting on its popular South Asian dance party once again, where you’re guaranteed to bare witness to dance moves taken right out of Bollywood’s finest films. Don’t miss out on energetic dancing, a pumping music set by DJ HARRI and the chance to wear a bindi! Tickets sales are on Tuesday and Wednesday outside the library from 12:00 until 15:00.
Image courtesy of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki