St Andrews’ Charity Fashion show raised a staggering £30,000 for their chosen charity SANE.
FS2016 auctioned off a huge range of luxury items, from a Magnum of Veuve Clicquot Cave Privée 1989 Blanc to a Coffee Table Book signed by Karl Lagerfeld. But the biggest bid by far was for the “Fendi Experience” which included tickets and backstage passes to Milan’s Fashion Week.
All proceeds went to SANE, a national mental-health charity which aims to raise awareness of mental health and reduce any stigma surrounding such issues, whilst supporting people affected by mental illness and trying to fund research to improve treatment.
For those of you wondering exactly what the large black dog statue is doing outside the St Andrews library, it is the mascot of their ‘Black Dog Campaign’ and aims to raise awareness of the work that SANE carries out. A term made famous by Winston Churchill, the black dog symbolises depression, and will serve as a reminder to us of the struggles experienced by those who suffer from mental illness.
This year’s auction included all manner of items, ranging from wine experiences to a dinner date with an FS model. Tickets to the FENDI women’s fashion show in Milan with exclusive backstage access initially went for £4,000 – but the buyer later pulled out.
Whatever your opinion may be of this varied range of auction lots, one thing that can be agreed upon is the fantastic results that FS has achieved, not only raising such a vast sum of money for SANE but also raising awareness of a such an important vital charity.
Below, a full list of items auctioned:
- The Fendi Experience
- Dinner date with a model
- Magnum of Veuve Clicquot Cave Privée 1989 Blanc
- Mappin & Webb White Gold Diamond Bracelet
- St Andrews Charity Oktoberfest table
- Fendi, Bag Bugs Backpack Charm
- St Andrews Wine Company, Wine Tasting for 10
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses
- The Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa Package for Two: “Lose the Winter Blues”
- Herrstil Shoe Kit
- Fendi By Karl Lagerfeld, Coffee Table Book PERSONALLY SIGNED BY KARL LAGERFELD
Exclusive to FS
- Jeroboam of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label
- Johnstons of Elgin Cashmere Throw
- Hot House Yoga St Andrews, Unlimited Monthly Pass
- The Fairmont St Andrews Experience for Two
- Michael Kors Sunglasses
- Cocktail Masterclass and 3-Course Dinner at theThe Adamson for Four.
- Fendi, Micro Baguette (Clutch)